Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Game 2 Preview


So I'm supposed to be writing a final paper that is due tomorrow, but F it. Some things are just a little more important ya know? Like... Let me think... Oh yeah, the Nuggets are playing tonight! Game 2. Hornets. Nuggets. Rocky. It's on!

So ever since the game on sunday night I have been looking at some of the press conferences given; particularly by the hornets. Apparently Byron Scott, the Hornets' head coach, was asked what he thought about the defensive pressure put on by Dahntay Jones and Kenyon Martin. He had plenty of praise for Kenyon Martin's job done on David West, and gave him all of the credit in the world. As for Dahntay Jones, Scott? "I don't give him no credit, not really." Wow, is all I have to say. I mean, I guess he praised Dahntay? It was a double negative after all, so maybe he does give him credit? No. I'm not so sure about his grammar, but I got his message. The funny thing here is that if Dahntay Jones isn't getting in his or Chris Paul's head, then why is he talking about him in the first place? Why would you even let a guy like Dahntay Jones amount to something in your press conference? So I would actually go out and say that Byron Scott did mean what he said; he actually did not give him NO credit. If you're confused, so am I. 

Aside from the grammar crap, I really think that Dahntay Jones got inside the Hornets' heads, and I love it. I will admit that I have really harped on Dahntay all year, and questioned why he even got the 4 minutes in each half that he did in the regular season, but he actually played really well. I knew that he could guard Chris Paul, but I didn't think that he could get away with some of the physicality that he used. If Chris Paul gets in the paint, I expect what Erick Dampier has said, and Dahntay to knock him on his ass. You can't let these point guards get in the paint at will, and not inflict some pain. So far the Nuggets have done that; especially Dahntay. 

Now, for what I said would be the X-factor in this playoff series; Kenyon Martin (You can see a few of his defensive possessions in the youtube clip that should be located right below this post). He was nothing short of phenomenal the entire game on the defensive end. David West looked flat out flustered and lost out there on the offensive end. In one of the opening possessions of the game, Kenyon Martin established himself. David West made a good move, beat Kenyon, and went up for a turnaround fade. Martin came down with the hammer on his wrists. A foul was called, but from that point on, David West feared Kenyon. We'll see tonight if it carries over. 

I absolutely can't wait to see this game tonight, and I just hope that the Nuggs can pull it off again. I've said this before, and I'll say it again; Melo will need to show up. If Melo puts up another performance like he did on sunday, the Nuggets could be in trouble. I do hope that Melo knows that he will not get easier shots unless he passes the ball. Let the game come to him, and I know Melo can score. 

Win or lose though, it will be a long night for your neighborhood scholarly blogger. 

' Til next time...

GIT IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment